It is not difficult to understanding the basic concepts of Mold Removal vs Mold Remediation here in Michigan. Both are essential if you want to hire the right professional to do the job correctly and at the best price. Understanding the basic concepts of mold remediation and mold removal is easy, doing the actual work however can be a challenge.
These are the top 5 industry standard protocols for successful Mold Removal and Mold Remediation project:
1. Safety First – This goes for the workers as well as the property owners.
2. Mold Testing – Preliminary testing is done to find out what strain of Mold is present.
3. Setting Up Contamination – To prevent cross-contamination and the spread of Mold, Containment chambers are setup and negative air machines are brought in.
4. Mold Removal/Remediation – Physically remove the mold at its source.
5. Moisture Controll – Eliminate the moisture problem that caused the Mold Outbreak.
“Every Mold Damage situation is different and requires a unique solution, but the general Mold Remediation process stays the same..”
Mold Spores are microscopic in nature and they exist naturally almost everywhere around us, indoors and outdoors. Trying to remove all Mold Spores from a home or business is almost impossible, but their are Mold Removal and Remediation Contractors her in Michigan that advertise “WE REMOVE ALL MOLD” and even guarantee it wont come back. This is a 100% false advertisement. Always hire a qualified mold remediation company who understands the science behind Mold and Mold Growth. >Mold Removal Team
Understanding How Mold Grows When Water Damage strike your property, Mold Growth can start in as little as 48 hours in the right conditions but usually takes 72 hours to really take hold.
- Mold Spores are microscopic and float along in the air and can enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems. Sometimes they can even enter your home on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold Spores thrive on moisture soaked materials. Mold Spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to Water Damaged materials such as drywall or gypsum board, Carpet and Padding. These colonies of Mold Spores produce allergens and irritants and cause other potential health effects.
- Before any Mold Removal or Remediation can begin, all wet or Water Damaged material must be removed from the property and dried out correctly to prevent further Mold Damage.
- One sure sign that Mold is present in the property is that it produces a strong musty odor. Keeping the indoor humidity levels below 45 percent will help stop the growth.
Some molds are highly toxic. If you have an allergic reaction to mold or a heavy infestation inside your home, call in a pro IMMEDIATELY to analyze and test, don’t take any chances.
What Do I Do If I Discover Mold
When discovering Mold anywhere in your property, Don’t disturb it. Immediately contact a Mold Remediation Professional that is licensed and has the proper training and experience to effectively Remediate and Remove the Mold. At the Mold Removal Team, we follow a multi-step process to not only Remove the Mold but to prevent it from returning.
1. Address Any Water Source That Might Be The Cause
Indoor Mold growth will only occur when there is an available water source. This water source must be identified and stopped to prevent the Mold from spreading and returning. After the water source is addressed, the affected area and materials need to be dried or removed.
2. Containment Is A MUST
Mold spores travel by air, and when disturbed can send thousands of microscopic Mold Spores into the air to travel throughout your home or commercial property if not properly contained. Before we begin any Mold Remediation Process, we setup negative-air machines, set up containment and use air scrubbers to trap the tiny Mold Spores during removal.
3. Mold Removal
During the Mold Removal phase, certified technicians will treat hard surfaces and remove visible Mold Growth, and will remove porous materials that cannot be effectively cleaned. Continuous air monitoring of Mold levels throughout the removal phase until the levels are within normal range to start Reconstruction.
4. Reconstruction After Mold Remediation
We offer Complete Reconstruction Services of damaged building materials needed to be removed during the Mold Remediation process, we will make the necessary repairs to restore the area to its pre-loss condition or better which may include replacing insulation, drywall, flooring materials etc.
Get Professional Mold Removal & Remediation Help Today, Call 586-791-3900
Whether you need full blown Mold Remediation Services or have a small Mold Removal project when you call the Mold Removal Team you can rest assured knowing that it will be handled correctly and that your home or business will be safe, healthy, and free of Mold growth. We have extensive training and experience with Mold Remediation & Removal, and will efficiently handle the situation to limit any disruption to your daily life. If you have Visible Mold Growth or suspect you may have a Mold Problem, give us a call today!